1. We are a non profit 501C3 company. We provide athletic programs to children with special needs ages 4 yrs to 22yrs old with any type of physical/cognitive impairment from very high functioning children to severally profound medically fragile children in Gwinnett County, GA. We were founded by an Occupational Therapist with almost 3o yrs of experience working with special needs children and a former international soccer player who has a child with Autism in June 2012.
2. We offer soccer in the fall and spring, basketball in the winter and kickball in the summer.
3. We play soccer at Rhodes Jordan Park in Lawrenceville, basketball at Lenora Park in Snellville, and Kickball TBD.
4. The cost varies depending on the sport. It can be anywhere from $65 to $100. It is a one time registration fee for the entire season and it includes a uniform and trophy.
5. No, we prefer that parents sit in the stands and watch their child play. If you want to participate/volunteer great but we generally would have you do it when your child IS NOT playing so that you can enjoy watching your child and meeting other parents.
6. All of our Coaches, Adult and Buddy Volunteers attend training sessions on how to handle special needs children. Many are CPR and first aid certified. Many of our coaches hold coaching certificates as well ass them either being former athletes, former coach or parent of a special needs child. This is not daddy sports. 7. The season is one hour a week on Sunday afternoons for 6-8 weeks depending on sport. The athletes sign in at the entrance as we are playing in a closed in field. Then they will work on skills and have a break and then play against another team. All players are assigned to a team based on their ability not disability. And sign out when leaving. 8. You register by going to the registration page and clicking on the registration button. You will then be taken to Active Management website and you sign up and pay there. 9. Your child is kept safe in several ways:
anyone over 18 yrs old must pass a background check
no one, including parents unless otherwise directed to do so are allowed on the field
all volunteers wear red tee shirts with the word volunteer on the back
coaches wear either blue or black coaches shirts
3 person rule so no one is left alone with your child without your permission
10. We accept credit/debit cards on Active Managements website when you register. We also accept payments from community programs that pay for such things. We do NOT accept any form of Medicaid or health insurance.. We also provide a scholarship to those in need, but you must apply for it. 11. It is the parents responsibility to take their child to the bathroom 12. Parents of all athletes must stay within direct vision of EKA staff in case of emergency. 13. Contact Aimee Prainito at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jonn Warde at email@example.com.